Friday, April 30, 2010

White Balance...


Well I had my first DSLR class yesterday and it was terrific! I learned a lot and could not wait to put it all into practice. We are not allowed to use flash for any assignment in this class and that's gonna be challenging! LOL! I use flash for just about every shot I take, whether indoors or out, so this is going to be interesting. Yesterday our main focus was ISO and White Balance. Our assignment for next class is to...
  • Shoot various pictures using different white balance settings.
  • Shoot in Program Mode (Starting next week it's all manual! LOL!)
  • Purposely shoot various photographs using the wrong white balance.
  • Set the ISO based on the lighting conditions.

Well I could not wait to get started. When I got home I grabbed my camera and headed outside. The azaleas are out in full bloom right now so I started with them. They were out in the bright sunlight so I used ISO 100 and "Daylight" WB. Here is a shot of our hot pink azaleas...


And here is a shot of our Peach Azaleas...


For these other shots I adjusted the WB to "Shade" and left the ISO at 100.




Well that is it for today. Next time I will purposely shoot with the wrong white balance and try some other ISO and WB adjustments. See you next time with another photo adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It is much appreciated.