Monday, June 7, 2010

Drive-by Shooting....

I try to take a camera with me everywhere I go. It's not convenient to always log around an SLR and I haven't seen one that can fit in my pocket. Some places will not even let you in with an SLR. Besides, when a photo op arises I do not want to be fiddling with aperture, lens or shutter speeds, not while I am still learning anyway. So my everyday go to camera that I carry around in my purse is my beloved Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. I have had it for a number of years now and absolutely love it.


Of course I took it with me on my recent trip and all, except one on the pictures below, (which I will point out) was taken with this camera. I thought this was a really cool shot below. We had just driven through a storm and though we were back to sunny dry road, you can see what we left behind in the rear-view mirror.


A lot of the pictures I take are for scrapbooking. I take them because they evoke a memory or feeling for me that I want to remember or share for years to come. The picture below is one of these pictures. We were driving along smoothly for hours and then suddenly we came to a standstill on the highway. We were delayed in this traffic for about two hours. I wanted to capture this moment with the miles of traffic pile-up. I used my Canon PowerShot SX20IS. I had recently purchased this camera and used it for the first time on this trip. Needless to say I fell in love with it. We were miles away from the image you see below. I put the camera in movie mode which allowed me to zoom all the way out to 80X, at which point I snapped this photograph. I know this is not the best quality picture, but it satisfied my need to remember this moment.


While my husband was driving around, I was taking pictures of the beautiful view. These pictures were taken in automatic, just point and shoot. The originals are a much better quality. These were compressed to allow for quicker online viewing.




I thought this was interesting. This guy was riding along pulling his kid behind him. I had not seen one of these contraptions before.


I also thought this was interesting. While we were in Florida, we noticed that people were protesting outside the BP stations. I bet sales were down that day because I pity the poor soul that would choose to pump gas among this angry mob.




Well that's it for today. I will be sharing the rest of the Florida pictures on Wednesday when I share actual beach pictures. Have a great week and until next time, keen on snappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It is much appreciated.