Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Photographic Eye...

I am up and shooting completely in Manual mode now and the pictures ain't half bad! LOL! Whooowhoooo! This is a big deal for me because my prior attempts at shooting in Manual mode has produced very dark, to all black, pictures. Very frustrating! We started shooting in manual two weeks ago and I have not looked back since. Wow, the power and control this provides is amazing! And it's not that difficult. Our assignment for this week is to take pictures that exemplify the various rules of composition. You know, The Rule of Thirds, Balance, Repeating patterns, Leading Lines etc. So off I went in search of pictures. My first stop was to the Chattahoochee River where I got the shots below. I went there with just my telephoto lens and really wished I had taken my wide angle lens instead, as I would have been able to get more artistic shots. I had in mind the pictures I wanted to take. I wanted one depicting the Rule of Thirds, one depicting leading lines etc. But once I got there things changed. I decided to just screw on my "Photographic Eye" and shoot what looked appealing through the lens and hopefully it would follow some rule or the other. LOL! Here are the shots I took...

I love this shot but do not know why. It's a bulls eye shot breaking the rule of thirds.



I may be wrong but I think this one exemplifies "Balance".


I am attracted to pictures that depict solitude.







More fishing shots...



I then went to the park and got these shots ....


Well that's it for today. Until next time, keep on snappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. It is much appreciated.